Now in its seventh year, this is one of the most important contests in China and your chance to represent the next generation of car designers. It's your chance to work to real design briefs set by the world's best carmakers, be judged by some of the most respected car designers and give the start of your career a boost that money can't buy.
On this site you’ll find the briefs, details on how to enter, and the list of Awards categories.
Please also take a moment to read the rules. The most important is that all your submitted work must be your own. Inspiration is all around us and is an important part of the design process, but any form of plagiarism will lead to immediate disqualification.
If your work is chosen to be part of the final shortlist, you will be invited to attend our Car Design Awards China ceremony at the time of the 2016 Beijing Auto Show, where your work will be displayed.
A short video from 2015 Awards ceremony
If you are in China please click on this link
Recognising that most promising talent needs great teaching, Car Design Awards China will again make a special Award to recognise the design school which has had most success in nurturing student development.
Competition outline on this site
- Design briefs set by OEMs
- How to enter (entry is free to all students currently studying full time in any design discipline at a design school in China)
- The rules of the competition
9 Awards categories and one Overall Winner for 2016
And finally, from amongst the categories winners, the judges will choose one entry to become:
- Student Design of the Year
- Entries close on 8 January 2016
- Shortlist announced on this site at the end of February
- Work of all the finalists (typically three per Award) displayed at the Awards ceremony in Beijing, 24 April 2016
- Announcement of the winners
Register to enter here. And good luck!