2014 winners announced, click here to see the full results.
Click here to see the 2014 School League Table.
BEIJING 18 APRIL 2014: Winning entries for the 2014 competition were announced in a glilttering ceremony in Beijing. The winners in each of the nine categories and the overall winner were announced in a ceremony hosted by Chris Bangle, former design chief of BMW.
For the first time ever, we awarded the "Most Successful School" of the year accolade, and the winner was the China Central Academy of Fine Art school.
The competition, in its 5th year, attracted record entries from a record number of design schools. The judges were highly complimentary about the quality and innovation of design from the students.
Also announced were the winners of the seating design competition organised by Lear, which was the premier sponsor of Car Design Awards China this year.
2014 Awards ceremony will be held at the time of the Beijing auto show.
On a glittering night of celebration, the work of the finalists will be on display and the winners will be announced. All shortlisted students, and their teachers, will be invited to attend as guests of Car Design News
A short video from a previous Awards ceremony
If you are in China please click on this link
Competition outline on this site
- design briefs set by OEMs
- how to enter (entry is free to all students currently studying full time in any design discipline at a design school in China)
- the rules of the competition
9 Awards categories and one Overall Winner for 2014
And finally, from amongst the categories winners, the judges will choose one entry to become:
- Student Design of the Year
- entries close 10 January 2014
- shortlist announced on this site late-February 2014
- work of all the finalists (typically three per Award) displayed at the Awards ceremony in Beijing, 18 April 2014
- announcement of the winners
Register to enter here. And good luck!