2016 winners announced, click here to see the full results.
Click here to see the 2016 School League Table.
BEIJING 24 APRIL 2016: Car Design News revealed the winners of its annual Car Design Awards China competition, at an event in Beijing hosted by Chris Bangle.
Now in its seventh year, the Car Design Awards China gives students the chance to work to design briefs set by the world's best carmakers and have their work judged by top international car designers, all of whom were unanimous in praising the work submitted this year. The Student Design of the Year Award was won by Zhang Lanyu of Jilin University with her Qoros Saley design.
Read the full story on Car Design News
Ahead of the ceremony, the Car Design Awards China judges met in Shanghai to debate the winners of each category. The deliberation process often takes hours, as the judges select the 10 best entries. However, while in some years the overall winner is incredibly tough to select, the 2016 contest was perhaps the easiest, with Lanyu’s Qoros Saley design emerging as a clear winner.
2015 Awards ceremony
If you are in China please click this link
Competition outline on this site
- Design briefs set by OEMs
- How to enter (entry is free to all students currently studying full time in any design discipline at a design school in China)
- The rules of the competition
10 Awards categories and one Overall Winner for 2016
And finally, from amongst the categories winners, the judges will choose one entry to become:
- Student Design of the Year
- Entries close on 8 January 2016
- Shortlist announced on this site at the end of February
- Work of all the finalists (typically three per Award) displayed at the Awards ceremony in Beijing, 24 April 2016
- Announcement of the winners