2013 winners announced click here
SHANGHAI 18 APRIL 2013: Winning entries for the 2013 competition were announced in a glilttering ceremony in Shanghai last night. Guo Jiayi, who is studying at the China Central Academy of Fine Art (CAFA) under the tutelage of Ed Wong, won the overall accolade of Student Design of the Year. He was one of the nine individual Awards winners announced in a ceremony hosted by Chris Bangle, former design chief of BMW.
The competition, in its 4th year, attracted record entries from a record number of design schools. The judges were highly complimentary about the quality and innovation of design from the students.
Read the story on Car Design News
Also announced were the winners of the seating design competition organised by Lear, which was the premier sponsor of Car Design Awards China this year.
The 2013 results will update the Design School League Table for China, to be published shortly.
Competition entrants worked to briefs set by design chiefs at Audi, JAC, Qoros, Volvo Trucks and Volkswagen. Entries were judged by a panel of distinguished senior designers whose background is both inside and outside China.
A short video from 2012 Awards
If you are based in China please click on
this link to watch the video
About the competition
On this site are:
- Design briefs set by OEMs.
- Support from schools and teachers.
- Free registration and open to students currently studying full time in any design discipline at a design school in China.
- The judges select a shortlist of entries, which will be publicised on this site.
- The shortlist is narrowed down to finalists whose work will be displayed at the Awards ceremony in Shanghai.
9 Awards categories and one Overall Winner for 2013
And finally, from amongst the categories winners, the judges chose one entry to become:
- Student Design of the Yea
- Registration opened 1 November 2012
- Entries closed 14 January 2013
- Shortlist announced mid March 2013
- Awards ceremony Shanghai 18 April 2013