Welcome to the 2014 competition, one of the most important student design contests in China. Now in its 5th year, the competition has become very significant in identifying the best of the next generation of automotive designers.
Finalists and winners not only receive global publicity via Car Design News, but are also highly likely to get hired! Which is why this year leading OEMs, both global and domestic, are again providing the briefs against which the entries are submitted. The briefs reflect the real challenges faced in developing vehicles for the needs of future consumers from all market sectors, right across the country.
Recognising that even the best most promising talent needs great teaching, Car Design Awards China also acknowedges and recognises the schools which nuture the students. So 2014's results will again see publicity for the teachers and design schools which have tutored the winning students. A league table has been created of the most successful schools over the four years of these annual awards.
Chris Bangle, renowned former design director at BMW, will again be the host at the 2014 Awards ceremony. It will to be held at the time of the Beijing auto show.
On a glittering night of celebration, the work of the finalists will be on display and the winners will be announced. All shortlisted students, and their teachers, will be invited to attend as guests of Car Design News
A short video from a previous Awards ceremony
If you are in China please click on this link
Competition outline on this site
- design briefs set by OEMs
- how to enter (entry is free to all students currently studying full time in any design discipline at a design school in China)
- the rules of the competition
9 Awards categories and one Overall Winner for 2014
And finally, from amongst the categories winners, the judges will choose one entry to become:
- Student Design of the Year
- entries close 10 January 2014
- shortlist announced on this site late-February 2014
- work of all the finalists (typically three per Award) displayed at the Awards ceremony in Beijing, 18 April 2014
- announcement of the winners
Register to enter here. And good luck!